It’s been less than a month since I started this blog and I feel so honoured and humbled on being nominated for The Mystery Blogger award by Krishnapriya at https://krishnapriyagopi.wordpress.com/. Thank you!
Sometimes when the world (and ahem, the internet) feels like a hollow of negativity, she’s a ray of sunshine. She’s been a wonderful friend here at WordPress and makes the blogging experience a million times better.
For those of you who don’t know already, the Mystery Blogger Award is an award created by Okoto Enigma at https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com/my-greatest-creation-yet/ “for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
So, here are three things about me that you may not already know:
- I am a student and calling myself that (out of all the things in the world) says a lot about what I do through the day. I’m almost always studying and the kind of career path I’ve chosen most certainly requires me to do so.
- I’m a Bharatnatyam dancer and that again forms a huge part of my identity. You could almost tell by the way I dress and speak that I dance.
- According to the 16personalities test, I’m an INFJ-T but I have no idea how that happened. I may be introvert (sort of) but I’m also a huge people-person. People are more important to me than anything else in the world, and I’ve never felt the need for ‘alone’ time. I need my family chattering their heads off even while I study. Is that INFJ enough? Oh well…
Krishnapriya’s questions for me:
What is your idea of perfect happiness or peace?
I may sound naive but my idea of peace is when I have enough money to spend. Money isn’t everything, yes, but it’s pretty damn important. I feel like financial constraint is a huge psychological barrier to anyone. Coming from a middle class Indian family, I know what it’s like to have to restrict yourself to bare necessities.
If there’s one issue or problem you’d like to help with in our society, what would it be?
It destroys me that we all live on the sweat and tears of farmers, and yet they’re only left with an empty purse and a constant desire to end their lives. I would want to contribute to agriculture and farmers in some way. It’s on my bucket list for when I start earning.
In times of trouble or challenge, who or what picks you up?
I have to say my family. I’m nothing without my parents and my brother (a.k.a laughing buddha). They’ve gotten me through really difficult times. I also find inspiration on Youtube- particularly channels like MuchelleB and Lavendaire.
If you had to pick an animal to be born as, what would it be and why?
A monkey in Madurai, no doubt. We visit the Azhagar temple once a year and oh my goodness, you guys! Those monkeys are living THE life. My banana-loving, people-craving self couldn’t possibly ask for more : D
What do you look for in other blogs?
Oh, nothing really. I read anything I can get my hands on and I visit other blogs with no expectations.
For The Mystery Blogger Award, I nominate:
- Pramegha (A Box of thoughts) from https://pramegha.wordpress.com/
- When Mars met Saturn- https://whenmarsmetsaturn.wordpress.com/
- Sarah from https://brazenshe.com/
- Parikhit (Weeping Pines) from https://duttaparikhit.wordpress.com/
- Diana (The Wandering Armadillo) from https://korlaet.blog/
- Kenzie from https://drawingandthinking.wordpress.com/
- Pragalbha (Infinite Living) from http://www.pragalbhadoshi.com/
- Neha from https://literarylemonades.com/
- Matthew from https://grabbablog.wordpress.com/
- Sakshi from https://irefusetogiveup.wordpress.com/
Do check these bloggers out…I promise their work will not leave you disappointed!
If you’ve been nominated, here’s what you should do:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s)
(If your blog is award-free, please consider this nomination a compliment)
And my questions to you are…
- What do you like most about yourself?
- If you could change your name to anything else for day, what would it be?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is the first thing you’d buy if you won a million dollars?
- What is one thing you want the world to know?
A HUGE HUGE thank you to everyone who’s interacted with my here in this last month! Do you know how I feel right now? I have no chill, you guys, I have no chill. This community means so much to me. Ya’ll are incredible ❤ ❤ ❤